I have been working hard and hardly working, just depends on the day. Have warm fuzzy thoughts about my book and how it is shaping up. I have to say that I never thought learning could be so interesting. I mean I try to make it interesting for the kids, but adult learning is boring right? Nope! it is fun too. :)
I have been reading in the good book a lot lately for it's ability to calm my nerves. Since it was suggested to me recently that maybe I need a 'little help'with my anxieties... yes well that is another story, for another day.
As I was saying before I distracted myself, I have been reading and found a few gems I enjoyed and wanted to spread around. :)
Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might recieve the promise.
Boy do I need patience. and the dangling of a promised reward is always helpful to keep focus :)My poor scriptures are starting to look like they have been attacked by spray paint. I mark them and write in them so much I will have to buy a new set soon just to give myself a chance to start all over. Seriously I dread the breaking in point more than anything. I finally know where everything is. lol
This one jumped out at me :)
Jeremiah 31: 22
How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
So this one is a little less exciting at first but when I thought about it I knew what was being said. We as women have such a great spirit of love and strength within ourselves. When we forget our place or who we really are we regress and fall back, or in my case eat chocolate and watch to much television.... We are SO NESSESARY and we have no idea. the last few words say it all. A Woman shall compass a man. a compass is a guide right? We are strong and comapssionate in order to guide men, our men. our husbands our sons, brothers, and nephews. Sometimes we are guides to our own Fathers. Thinking about this more I am thrilled to have read the scripture now. After the first few seconds of well annoyance frankly, I have come to feel the truth of the words, our families and our marriages are stronger when we are the guide we were meant to be. We are not incharge, merely a compass, always pointing to the correct path... that is unless we are eating to much chocolate and watching to much television... then all bets are off. :)
I am determined to do better at being a compass. I can point north, maybe even leave a trail of chocolate behind me for when the men in my life get distracted :) They will always know where to find me right, Mom is heading north. lol I bet there is a story in that. lol s
No comments:
Post a Comment