Thursday, March 24, 2011

Long overdue

Me. You know I have come to the conclusion that I just don't like to look at pictures of me. I have no idea what everyone else must think of how I look but I am told I look like this all the time. To me I look like someone else entirely. Until I can figure out where she hides everytime I get my picture taken, I will post these other ones.
Friends with Sicily
Best bud's
Ok, what isn't to love about this shot? My girl on a horse, over joyed to be riding in the freezing Montana outdoors.


I have excuses for not updating, plenty of them, if you give me a few minutes I could probably tell you them all. If you really want to read them you will have to request them in writing. :)

I am happy to say that I hear from James every week. He is doing great despite a bout with the flu and asthma overload in the beginning. He is sending letters on occasion, but mostly he just replies in our emails. LOL. Seriously, it's only fair when we all write, it does take time to respond. On the rare occasion I get a real letter, he tells me how wonderful I am. Have I mentioned that he is terrific? Well, he is.

Rannon has been filling out. He works out everyday, and swims. I can't believe how much he has grown. I know they will all out grow me, but I thought it would take longer for some reason. He has been a great help for me since we moved, and since we are still unpacking. He is doing great with his classes online and is saving up his funds for ITT this fall. Busy kid.

Jaden is doing great in school, starting to pick up on simple two letter words. That is AMAZING! Long time coming, and years of work are slowly paying off. She loves her Aunt Teri helping her out during the day and Susan three days a week helps her with school. Jaden is really good at painting, she painted tulips for an art project for school, and I think I will have to fight the teacher for the original. The school wants to frame it, I am thinking that they need to paint their own, and let me have it... She's my kid, right?

Sicily is looking forward to being 13. It must have some sort of magic, she is already planning her big day. I am going to have to call in some groupies so we can splurge on Olive Garden and shopping. She has been planing on having a huge party... I might have to explain that just because we have a large house, requires us in no way to fill it with people. We'll see how things go. She and I have enjoyed long talks about life, Hallowed Moon, and horses. Not always in that order.

Jonah has been growing, he loves shooting his bow and arrow. Hits the bulls eye most the time at about twenty feet. He is swimming everyday, and sleeping hard every night. He is doing terrific in school, and taking good care of his dog. He is a good cook, and budding writer. He has decided that he wants to be an actor, talks about it daily. Actors are a mess. Maybe Jonah wouldn't be...

Calvin is learning to read, and loving his buddy Zach. Three days a week he and his buddy go out on the town. I have to say that it is funny to involve another person in our family. Calvin makes his faces, and tells jokes like him. HILARIOUS. Zach has filled in a spot Calvin was missing since James left, substitute big bro is in effect. Calvin goes swimming too, he will put his face in the water, and actually take off his life jacket. (This is big considering he wore it while playing in the sprinkler previously)

Quint has been working, and helping around the house. He will have a little travel this summer, but nothing like it was last summer. He is getting excited to goof off on the fourth of July. It has become a bigger deal every year since we moved to Idaho. He has lost 50 pounds, working out and swimming. He is almost half the man he used to be, and I couldn't be happier. We went to Montana to visit friends. That was a great experience.

As for me, I have been doing all the usual mom stuff, driving, cooking, cleaning, driving, cleaning, cooking, and somewhere in there I get the laundry done, writing worked on, and a bit of sorting of the SHIZZZZ. Yes we have far to much shiz. Something I plan to remedy, yet even now, I can feel the entire clan in revolt over the notion. I will not be deterred, operation shiz reduction is underway. I have painted several walls, and am delighted with the results. I can only add that there are more that are calling my name. Sigh.

The book writing is coming along, still no word from the agent for book one, the fact that he hasn't said no can only be a good thing, yet the waiting is no easier as time goes on. Book two is underway, it is going along quickly, and making sense even. I find that to be necessary with any form of good reading. I have loyal fans proof reading as I type. Love my fans, if you are one, nothing but love for ya!

A lot coming up this spring and summer. We have family visiting, and trips to plan. Good times ahead! Hope everyone is well.

Journal entry from James...

(3/22/2011)

Well what a day :) to start off our day we had a lesson with a lady that we where really hoping would become a new investigator :) , and not only did she do that, but she also committed to being baptized on the 16 of April :) it was really cool and I'm excited for her.
Then we went and did service for a man in the sisters area ( he wanted some service done but didn't think the sisters should do it.) all we really did was move around a ton of rocks, those little tiny landscaping rocks that you can move around with shovels and rakes.. :)
Then we went back and had lunch, and after that we got a phone call saying that our 4:00 lesson with the lady and her son needed to be canceled :( she had a really good reason.
Then we started out for our 2:00 lesson and the lady wasn't there :( it was really to bad because she is a really nice lady and I know that people get busy and things happen but at least they could call and let us know, especially since we have to get members to come with us, and it would just be really nice if we didn't have to get there and then wait there for the members to show up..
Then we said sorry to the members and went around and visited other members and talked to some people on the street all the up until dinner And then our last lesson for the day canceled :( it was a bummer so after dinner ( which was lots of fun) and then went to the church building and then we got ahold of some people and then we went and talked to one o our ward mission leaders and then we went to Wendy's :) and I'm telling you it must have been inspired because we had one lady ask if she could sit down and talk with us for a bit and that was an awesome talk :) we basically taught her a lesson and helped her understand better some things. (she is being taught by the sister missionaries just in the next area right beneath ours.. :)
And then this old man came up and talked with us ( more like to us for a while ) I think he saw that we didn't mind strangers just coming up to us and talking, so he decided that he would do so too. :) he pretty much told us his whole life story.. :) I think he is a little lonely.. :( he has friends that are members and he likes us but doesn't want to join.. :(
Then we came back to go to bed.. :)



I have other video I have to find, but I thought this one to be the greatest so far. I will add another one where the men played the same trick on us girls, but it will be another time. Enjoy. I know I do! S

2 comments:

Tammy and Mike said...

You were on my mind yesterday! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you all are doing great! You're amazing!

kyersten said...

Great update! A lot has changed for your family this year.