Monday, August 11, 2008

A funny story

Well everyone, I am getting ready for bed but thought I would tell you all a funny story about Calvin, you know the kind you can taunt him with when he is 14.

Quint: What are you doing Calvin?

Calvin: Oh no, (this is very mournful without whining...)

Quint: What's wrong Cal?

Calvin: (child is holding left hand outstretched in front of him, while wearing his spider man costume. They are year round attire at our house.) Dad, I don't have powers. (sighs) I'm, just Calvin.(Child forlorn and mournful as if it were the first time he knew the fact)

Quint: Oh, no powers huh? Let me see. (the man had to toy with him)

Calvin: (pushing his hand out in front of him a few times, whimpered.) See? It's broken.

Quint: (eyes watering, curiously serious face.) I see that. How about a hug?

Calvin: okay, Dad (the small broken spider man whispers looking at the ceiling and to the right) Don't tell anybody.


Lol, you just can't make stuff like that up :) later, stacey

2 comments:

Purplepickle said...

Poor Calvin, such a trauma. I am happy to hear Quint didn't mock him that was serious to realize you have NO powers. I am happy Quint was there to hug him (even if it is a secret).

Tammy and Mike said...

What a sweet story. I can just see it all happening. I felt the same way when I realized I did not have super powers. Actually, now that I do have super powers it is still hard because I have to keep the secret to myself...wait. Blast!!! Forget what I just said! Hope you are all having a great summer!