Jaden received her young woman's medallion tonight.
The young woman leaders called me a few weeks ago and asked me if it was okay for the young women of our church to help Jaden earn her medallion. Jaden could never have done the 20+ hours of service and projects that are required to earn one.
The evening was nice, each girl spoke about what it meant to earn her medallion and I kept thinking to myself, boy how will they get anything out of Jaden? Right, err, they didn't even ask her, it was me. I was glad it didn't occur to me that I would have to speak. I would have gotten nervous or something. Instead I just showed up as the only person in jeans... and stood up there and told the girls how impressed I was that they took the time to do this project for my daughter.
I am sure I sounded more spiritual or something, and Quint said I did good. I can't remember a word.
Jaden is thrilled to have a room full of friends. S
2 comments:
What a wonderful service project. it makes me cry to think about it. I hope at some point the girls know what a wonderful thing they have done not only for Jaden, but for themselves. They looked beyond themselves and served, helped and loved another sister. What a wonderful example for others. Thank you for sharing. Jaden looks adorable and happy!
What a sweet thing they did for her! For your whole family really, You don't forget that kindness ever. I wish I was there. Jayden looks beautiful.
Post a Comment