

So to all you new viewers, you need to get down a few posts to July 19 and then go up, sorry I have no idea how to make this thing do what I want any other way.....hehehe
So by now we are on the last leg of our journey.
The creek narrows during this part, and the water is a little faster. it is fun and exciting, we are pretty busy for a little while, the rapids aren't to ruff but they are pretty much one after another for about a half hour. Everything was fine, until my oar broke. It was pretty cheap plastic one, and i was trying to avoid a really Large rock. Yep, no such luck we hit it sideways. I will have to tell you one side of it at a time just so you can get the whole Idea.
Stacey..... The rock hit and I tried to push off, but our rafts was bending around the rock from the current. There was no panic, but I was hanging out of the raft, my upper body treading water trying to get back in my seat. I saw the raft start to turn over, Calvin and Jonah, hanging on to the side ropes for dear life. I noticed that Jaden was sitting on my other foot, that was why I had not fallen out, I knew if I stopped the raft from falling She would float out with me. knowing if I didn't all 5 of us would be anyway I pulled my foot and held her life jacket close to me. Somehow I still had her and the raft, the boys were safe and sitting inside watching and worried, Jaden floated perfectly, I put my weight on the raft so I didn't put her under.
Then James was next to me, I asked him if he had her and he said "I have her" and then just like that the raft and I were heading down stream. I tried at least a dozen times to put my feet down, to stop the raft from moving, to help James somehow. I couldn't do anything, but bang up my legs. giving up on that I climbed into my raft, Arron and Kyersten beside me, holding the raft steady. about 100 yards away we pulled to a stop along the rock wall across the water from where I could see James Holding Jaden and then set her on a rock.
Quint..... He came down a few feet after us, seeing the problem, and James falling off the raft heading down stream.
Quint tried to climb out of his nearly flat raft and it wrapped around him, he fially got his feet out and got pretty beat up bt the rocks sailing past all of us in the process, he saw Jaden go under water and worried that she would drown so he tried to get to us, Rannon floated off down river trapped inside the flat raft and the current. Quint grabbed onto Kents raft and helped them get a hold of the rock wall a few feet from us.
Kent...... rowed near reaching out trying to get to Jaden and James to get them in the raft and missed them. Button jumped out after me and ended up tied to the side of the raft but underneath until Kent discovered she was missing and pulled her up. He also had to talk Sicily out of jumping in to "save" Jaden. Bless her heart Jaden is bigger than she is and she wanted to help so much.
Laiken...... got a hold of them but only drug them farther down, she landed on the same side of the creek as James but in a difficult area to get back up, she lost her dog, who ended up with Skye, and she climbed with her own raft and walked along the rock wall to get to James.
Lad ....in the kayak attempted to get back up the fast water to them but couldn't the water was too fast.
Standing on the shore I looked at Arron and Kyersten and said "What will he do?" The rock walls were at least 20 feet high, and then "I have no idea what I would do without James." I really couldn't do anything without him. By now Arron was off like a shot, climbing up the rock wall and heading over to James, a bridge over head, Quint and Lad getting there within a few minutes of Arron. I can't tell you how they really got her up, I could not see. Just that Arron carried her over the bridge, James carried two oars, 3 shoes, and rubbed his back. Lad spotted for Arron, the bridge full of gaps. When over the bridge Quint carried her. Back they came to my raft, and lowered her down three times to set her into my raft safe and sound, wet, cold and smiling. No worse for the wear.
James...... when we hit the rock James flew out, was about ten feet away when he saw Jaden and I fall out. He remembers standing and walking through the water, (the same water no one else could) until he reached me. getting hold of Jaden and he noticed she was stating to slip out of her vest. So he picked her up, allowing the current to cradle her legs so they wouldn't get broken. James carried her, with the three shoes and two oars, walking the whole time to the nearest rock he could set her on. then he waited, he considered floating down but knew without his own life vest he would pull her under, so he waited.
I just have to say how grateful I am for everyone, and for our blessings yesterday could have been so much worse, and I know God was there helping us all, I am so glad that he is in our lives and everything was fine. We had to get creative but we were okay. Life is good.
Floating the next hour was easy, calm and enjoyable. Jaden and the two boys were not upset, but Jonah didn't want to ride with me any more......why not? but we had fun, a couple more rapids, and Jaden squealed happy and thrilled to ride them, some passers by filled Quint's raft so he actually enjoyed the last hour of our ride.
we all had a few bumps and bruises but we had a marvelous time. We might go again really soon, depends on how we fix the raft I guess, so later all. After we ate at the Shore's and came home to bed about 10pm, big day.
1 comment:
Pictures are great I must say. I am sure that you had a ball. I am greatful that all was well and that you were all safe and sound. Now, for the lecture... Are you guys nuts! Get a raft that is a little safer for the big guy, I mean Rannon cannot go around the rest of his life holding on to the raft screaming like a girl! Don't forget to have family prayer before you go okay? Have fun and be safe. Lots of love to all of you.
Post a Comment